In my physiotherapy practice, I draw on my expertise and experiences to help you:
- Manage your pain or limitations
- Return to your normal level of functioning
- Improve your quality of life
- Regain your strength, balance, endurance, and a healthy posture
- Advance your lung function
- Promote safety and independence in and outside of your home.
- Restore optimal health
- Increase your mobility
- Find the best equipment suited to your needs
What you can expect from me:
Full Comprehensive Assessment
- to identify the root source of the problem focusing on underlying movement patterns and muscle imbalances. I then treat you at the source of the problem to reduce your pain, improve function and prevent the issue from recurring.
Individual physiotherapy sessions
- Based on your goals, I will customize a specific treatment plan fit to your needs.
- Treatment can consist of manual therapy techniques, postural correction, education, specialized exercise program, conventional modalities for pain relief, therapeutic taping, and soft tissue release techniques.
- I strongly encourage my clients to have an active role in their rehabilitation for optimal outcomes.
- This includes the assessment of canes, crutches, and walkers
- Evaluation of eligibility and completion of application for funding through the Assistive Devices Program (ADP) for mobility aides as applicable.
Home Safety Assessments and In-home Treatments
- In home assessments and treatments are available at request.
- Through a comprehensive functional assessment, I will determine the safety risks in and outside of your home and make recommendations on strategies and/or equipment to prevent and reduce your overall risk of falling.
Some of the most common conditions I treat:
- Muscle and joint pain, including referred pain
- Repetitive Strain injuries
- Pre and Post surgery rehabilitation
- Post fracture recovery
- Post-Concussion Rehab – including Neuro-Visual Postural Therapy (NVPT) and Neuro-Visual Processing Rehabilitation following a neurological event
- Hyperactivity (ADD/ADHD), Fidgetiness, Poor Attention & Sensory Disorders
- Retained primitive reflexes
- Visual Processing and Sensory integration – impacting learning, memory, behaviour, gross motor function, and balance
- Rheumatic arthritis, Fibromyalgia
- Neurological conditions including stroke, Parkinson’s, MS
- Respiratory disorders
- Vestibular Rehabilitation – dizziness/vertigo
- Chronic Pain
- Sports Injuries
Additionally, I make useful products available to my clients, such as TENS machine, electrodes, resistance bands, lumbar rolls, neck rolls, therapeutic tape, and the like.