What is physiotherapy like?
- I assess your condition, needs, and abilities.
- I create a customized treatment plan to help you achieve your goals – which may include manual therapy, exercises, education, modalities to help with pain and swelling, taping, and the like.
- One to one individualized physiotherapy
Where will my physiotherapy sessions take place?
Physiotherapy assessments and visits commonly take place in my office at 125 St. George St. West, Fergus ON N1M 1H8 or in your home, fitness facility, or retirement residence. Walker/Mobility Assessments take place either at a vendor site, my office, or in your home.
What if I have benefits?
If you have private insurance benefits that include physiotherapy, you can submit your invoice from me for reimbursement up to the maximum coverage of your policy. Anything that is not covered by your plan can be used as a tax-deductible medical expense.
Do I need a referral from a doctor for physiotherapy?
A physician referral is not needed to access services but may be required for reimbursement from some extended health insurance plans.
I need a walker… how can you help me?
I am an authorizer with the Assistive Devices Program (ADP) for the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-term Care. Upon completion of a comprehensive assessment, I will guide you through the selection and purchase of an appropriate walker that is suited to all of your needs. A full mobility assessment consists of:
1. analysis of your mobility needs
2. education based on your type of mobility and differences in walkers
3. trial of mobility devices from selected vendor
4. completion of ADP funding application
I am happy to meet with you in your home or at a vendor site to carry out this assessment.
What is a vendor site?
A vendor is an equipment supplier that is registered with the ADP program. When your first appointment is scheduled, I will provide you with a list of all the local ADP vendor sites for you to choose from.
Am I eligible for help with the cost of my walker?
Because I am an authorizer with the Assisted Devices Program, I am able to assess your eligibility. If you meet the eligibility criteria, the Assisted Devices Program may fund up to 75% of the cost of a walker. I’d be happy to help you discern your eligibility. Simply reach out to me, and we can discuss your situation.